Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yerba Mate, Lifesaver


As I have previously blogged, I'm currently on a quest to lose a little weight and tone up my body. Don't worry this won't turn into THAT kind of a blog where all I do is yakkity yak about fitness and healthy food. However, I did make a previous discovery that is too good I HAD to share it with someone.

Along with my exercising regiment I've been watching my portions as well as eating healthier. I researched some ways to curb my appetite naturally. I'm a big fan of hot tea and just the other morning I ran out of coffee so I decided to brew a package of yerba mate that my Spanish teacher gave me last semester (I always complimented on how much I enjoyed the smell of her class room, turns out it was this tea she was brewing). I added a bit of sugar, poured myself about two cups and drank them on the way to school.

WOW. Not only did this stuff taste great (like a sweet green tea) but it gave me energy just like coffee would without the means of caffeine AND it completely curbed my appetite throughout the entire day. I found myself at lunchtime forcing myself to eat my tuna salad because I simply was not hungry and even whenever I got home and it was time to eat dinner, I had to force myself to eat then as well.

I'm not saying, drink this drink and you will lose all the weight you want. And I am NOT suggesting to just not eat because frankly that would be easy to do with this drink. But if you are needing to help get rid of random cravings you don't need, or possibly help you eat less, BUY THIS STUFF. My new favorite daily drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment