Tuesday, February 7, 2012

New car and new favorite salad.


So I have been out and about these past several days. Last Thursday marked a big day for me in my life as a big girl, as I purchased my first *newer* car, a 2005 Honda Element. It was a bittersweet afternoon as I kissed my '99 Acura 2.2 CL, Luigi, goodbye. I've driven my Acura since my senior year of high school (8 years ago. Oh my heavens, I'm getting old). Lots of good memories in that car but driving back and forth everywhere in a two-door crammed car was becoming a 'UGE pain in the rear.

Say hello to my newest addition to my family. It's so spacious and I am IN LOVE with it. I want to stay in it all the time! :)

As far as life goes, I'm learning more everyday about fitness and healthier eating. I came across this recipe for grape salad that is my new favorite thing EVAR. Thought I would share this lovely recipe. Keep in mind it really isn't the most healthy thing ever, as is everything else that is sinfully delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound seedless green grapes
  • 1 pound seedless red grapes
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
  • 1 (6 ounce) package slivered almonds

Directions:
1. Wash grapes in a colander under running water, and remove all stems. Place in a large bowl.

2. In a separate bowl, stir together the cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture over the grapes. Using a rubber spatula or large serving spoon, fold the mixture into the grapes until well coated. Fold in the almonds.

3. This salad may be served immediately, or covered and refrigerated for 1 hour to set slightly, and to allow flavors to blend.





No comments:

Post a Comment