Sunday, February 12, 2012

Scentsy vs. Better Homes

Ever since my teenage years, I have become obsessed with any type of fragrant giver for indoors, particularly candles. I realized several years ago that I can easily go through two candles a week. Add that up and that is a lot of green paper spent over just candles, so I began to invest in scent warmers. The librarian at my school spoke highly of Scentsy's products so I bought a plug in along with several scents to give it a go. I was highly pleased with them and finally thought I found "the product" that would fit me the best.

And then this past Christmas, I was shopping around for a Dirty Santa gift and came across the "Wal-Mart brand" of a Scentsy warmer, made by Better Homes. Where Scentsy warmers can range from 30 - 50 bucks depending on what design you choose, this sucker came out to a whoppin' $16.55. Their scents were $2 each so I threw in about 3 different scents, mostly Christmas related. Surprise, surprise, my sister Heather won the warmer at Dirty Santa. She went home, plugged it up. OH. MY. GAW. Within minutes, her entire house smelled like fresh gingerbread coming out of the oven.

Not even thinking twice about this, I made a made dash to Wal-Mart and bought me one of these along with 5-6 scents.

For those of you many Scentsy-loving women out there, I encourage you to give this brand a shot. Here are your advantages/disadvantages of both.

Scentsy--
Advantages: many colors and designs for warmers, choice of warmer or plug ins, big selection of scents
Disadvantages: pricey, can only order from catalog or online

Better Homes--
Advantages: GREAT price, very strong fragrant scents, big selection of scents, pick up any of them at a local Wal-Mart
Disadvantages: Plug in not available, limited on colors and designs

Personally, I will never purchase a Scentsy scent again. I'm a Better Homes girl now.

No comments:

Post a Comment