Sunday, February 12, 2012

Nostalgia-filled Weekend

Beginning to wind down from a great weekend. Matt and I met up after school and drove to Columbia to watch Star Wars Episode 1 in 3D. I hadn't seen Star Wars in forever and it brought my back once again to my childhood. I remember watching Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back while curled up with my Little Pony sleeping bag and eating Cheese Nips with my sisters.

Then he gave me my Valentine's present (that he promised and swore he would not buy, but go figure, that's my boyfriend for you). Before I go further I need to recap about my history of video games. Matt is a pretty big game lover and I used to be a huge one as well. My biggest gaming phase was between the ages of 7-16. I loved all the Nintendo classics like Mario, Zelda, GoldenEye 007, etc. After I turned 16 and started dating in high school, all my video games and systems started collecting dust so I gave them all away to my little cousins thinking they would go to better use. Ever since then, I always find myself talking about how much fun I used to have playing these games and how much I wished I didn't give them away. Among my favorites were the N64, GameCube, PS2 and some PS1 games.

So I opened it up and found once again my CHILDHOOD IN A BOX! He had bought me a Playstation 2 along with my favorite PS1 and PS2 games I had always talked about. I seriously teared up when I found all the goodies he wrapped in this box:

After my addiction to Nintendo, my sister Heather and I got a Playstation for Christmas one year and Tomb Raider I and II were among the assortment of games we received. I remember us fighting over who was going to play the next level all hours of the night. Then for my birthday, my aunt bought us TB III along with a book of nothing but cheat codes and play guides for the first three TB games. Can you say one of the best Christmas and birthday presents I've ever had!!!



Once the PS2s came out, I saved up my money and bought one whenever I was in middle school and I bought FFX the day it came out because I loved FF7 so damn much. I remember being floored by the beautiful graphics and I cried in specific scenes of the story line. I also always played the soundtrack in my car whenever I turned 16. Nerdy, I know.

He also got me FFX-2 which I know was not a favorite among a lot of people, and for true reasons. Being a giddy girl at the time, I still enjoyed the game immensely.

Kingdom Hearts as well!!! This was the last game I was highly addicted to before I graduated high school and went to college.

And the grand finale- last but never least- Final Fantasy 7. I SCREAMED whenever I found this at the very bottom because I had been searching for this game for the past 2 1/2 years and everyone I have found has either been super expensive or in such poor condition. Now it's back in my arms where it belongs!!!!

There ya have it folks. Best Valentine's Day I've EVER had. If you need me, I'll be right here........

No comments:

Post a Comment