Thursday, February 9, 2012

Resume Tweaking

For the past several months I have been coming up with ways to re-design my resume for my job search coming up this summer. This is my second summer in a row to try and land a teaching job in Nashville and by now I feel like a professional. One thing that I think hindered me last summer was how bland my resume was. I took some time and Googled what made resumes look "cool" and realized that my resume was even MORE BLAND than I had thought! I kept thinking to myself "MALLOREY...you are an ARTIST. You do NOT need to have a boring resume!"

So far I have designed 6 new different resumes, all with different layouts and color schemes. It will be the death of me trying to find out which one to send in. Decisions, decisions....

As I spent all the time making these on my Macbook, it reminded me about how much fun graphic design can be. I find myself going back and forth with the idea of dropping teaching for a few years and digging my hands into the design world. Then I go back to reality and realize that I really *do* love what I do and I will never find a job that has absolutely everything perfect.

Thought I would share some of the resumes I found on Google that became my favorites.









No comments:

Post a Comment