Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcome to our Nerd Cave :)


So I took the liberty of snapping a couple of pics of our new apartment. Though we aren't COMPLETELY done just yet, the entire tour gallery will have to wait till the end of the week.

But tonight's post will show you several of the accents of our apartment that make it the best "nerd cave" of all of Nashville. :)




This is part of our living room which is showing you our DVD, video game and book collection. We got a PS3, PS2, Wii and an N64. I was SO excited about combining our stuff because I knew we would have a nice entertainment center. The Sheldon Cooper poster was a must-have for my graphic designer fiance. 

Matt had sculpted the arm from Full Metal Alchemist when we were in clay sculpture class at UT Martin. I told him when he finished it "we WILL have that at our place when we get married" He was quite pleased at this request. :) I think it's bamf.

On the shelves of our DVDs, we got some cool Marvel figurines: Venom being the coolest. 

Zombie Spider-Man on the other side. 

My Hunger Games magnets.

Matt is a huge fan of Scott Pilgrim. So he painted this inspired portrait of us as two Scott Pilgrim characters, above will be painted "The Garretts" in the title font. :) 

I know it's not nerdy perse  but I am really enjoying our city themed bathroom.

Now I can not wait for these to be done. Matt's been working on them for quite a while. Its going to be a series of portraits of our friends in neon graphic colors. So excited to see them all put together. Only 4 more to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment